This recipe is seriously so good and will satisfy all of the cravings! So most of my recipe inspirations I will find online and change to my liking and use my favourite ingredients based upon dietary restrictions and if you’re a vegan I’m sure you know sometimes you gotta do some recipe tweakin. So needless to say I was looking for some vegan protein bar inspiration and came across this recipe. Which like um protein and peanut butter together in one… yes please.
Not only are these bars dangerously good but they’re packed with protein to give you that mid day boost. However this recipe does also call for a good amount of peanut butter so again if you have allergies then swap it out and make it your own.
There are so many benefits to using peanut butter not just being delicious but it can also..
Aid in weight loss At 100-200 calories per spoon full of peanut butter it may seem counter intuitive to say that it aids in weight loss however peanut butter is packed with fibre (2Grams/Serving) and protein (8Grams/Serving). Peanut butter also gets you full and helps keep you full!
Build those muscles A serving of peanut butter has 49 mg of bone-building magnesium and 208 mg of muscle-friendly potassium. Research shows that eating peanuts can decrease your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic health conditions.
Provides the good kind of fat Peanut butter is full of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. A recent study found that insulin-resistant adults who ate a diet high in monos had less belly fat than people who ate more carbohydrates or saturated fat.
So go ahead indulge in the peanut butter and indulge in these peanut butter and dark chocolate vegan protein snicker bars because I know you will love them!
Vegan Protein Snickers Bars
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours (Freezer time)
Total Time: 3 Hours & 10 minutes
60 grams of oat flour
2 scoops vegan protein – I used Vega Sport
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoon of peanut butter (almond butter or nut free butter)
Half a cup of non dairy milk
2 tablespoons of maple syrup (nectar or honey)
For the topping
3 tablespoons of peanut butter
Handful of chopped almonds ( or peanuts)
170 Grams of melted dark chocolate
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a bowl and mix. Fold in the peanut butter, milk and maple syrup.
- Press into a loaf tin covered with parchment paper. Freeze for an hour.
- Spread 3 tbsp of peanut butter over the top and sprinkle chopped peanuts and pack down lightly. Return to the freezer for another hour.
- Using a hot knife (run a knife under hot water), slice into as many bars/pieces as you like. I sliced mine quite large around 50G each bar so feel free to make them smaller or larger.
- Melt your dark chocolate in a bowl and dip your bars into the chocolate making sure they’re completely covered with the chocolate. Place on a plate or chopping board covered with parchment paper and freeze until the chocolate is set.
- Store in the fridge.
** This recipe is pretty small so if you have a big family or are wanting to share with your friends, double up the ingredients**
Serving size: 1 Bar (Full size bar)
Calories: 150 Calories
Fat: 11 Grams
Carbohydrates: 13.2 Grams
Fibre: 3 Grams
Protein: 7 Grams
Hope you enjoy!